Monday, July 14, 2008

VACATION!!!!

Hi from the OBX!  A t-storm is to the north, Bertha is offshore, and the waves here are kicking!  I would say at least 8 feet, glassy this morning, but completely choppy yesterday.  I won't go in past my thighs-I am afraid the current will yank me out to sea!

Graham got stung by a bee yesterday at Jockey's Ridge-his first sting and he handled it rather well.  We just got back from Duck and the kids are playing with their new toys.

I have finished "the Lovely Bones" and have started "Missing Mom" by Joyce Carol Oates.

We are enjoying the quiet hum of traffic that flows past the DQ, right across the street from us.  We have not yet ventured to the ABC store to acquire white russian ingredients.  For now, we are enjoying Landsharks with limes and some beer Chad got that I cannot pronounce.  I am fighting with the heads at UNC to save my enrollment, because even in the place some call Heaven, they still drop balls.

We have yet to visit the Pit.  We have eaten at Dare Devil's and grilled out burgers.  Tonight, we go to Pigman's.  Speaking of which, Rog, if you read this, I saw a perfect shirt for me today....it read:

People say I have ADD, but they don't under.....
hey look, a squirrel!

No comments: