Tuesday, April 7, 2009

NCAA Championship

So, in honor of the Heels' vistory, I thought I would post a picture that I thought was cool...Hanborough smiling.....I think it's cool because for once (and I don't mean this ugly or funny, but) his eyes aren't "wide open".

Congrats to the Heels. But I have one question for the fans.......why is it you guys refer to them as your heels? Or, I guess I should re-phrase that..........why do you say "My heels" when you are referencing the UNC team?

Again, don't mean that ugly either-it's a serious question. I ask because I have never heard anyone utter the phrases "My pack" or "my blue devils" or "my deacons" or "my (fill in the blank)". I don't want a smart-a** answer such as "Because you never win". Teams win and lose all the time, throughout the year-and UNC is the only fanbase I know where the fans use a possessive noun to refer to the them. Just sayin'....I am just curious.

No comments: