Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A breakthrough

I at least had an encouraging conversation. I heard some things I might not have liked to have heard ("If you can take six courses and get six straight A's, that will bring your GPA up to a 3.0 and you would have a very good chance of getting into the COM, but I still could not guarantee anything"), but I also heard some things that made me feel better: "You do have options. NCSU doors are not closed to you completely. If you can maintain grades here like you did at Wake Tech, you certainly will be able to get into a program somewhere, it just might not be Business. But you do have options. You actually would have a very good chance of getting into CHASS and possibly doing anthropology or sociology, or even psychology.....or something that will take all of your HSS credits from Wake Tech, so you don't lose the work you have done. You could even think about the College of Natural Resources, and going into Parks and Rec, or something, if the major itself is not as imporatant to you as it is to obtain the personal goald of getting an undergraduate degree from State"

Right on sister!

No comments: